The world's premier summer arts program for aspiring artists in grades 3 through 12, Interlochen Arts Camp attracts students, faculty and staff from all 50 U.S. states and more than 40 countries. Each summer, 2,500 students come to Interlochen to train intensively with renowned instructors, producing more than 400 presentations in music, theatre, dance, visual arts, creative writing and motion picture arts.
Located on 1,200 wooded acres between two lakes, the campus includes 120 cabins, three dining halls, two waterfronts, dozens of rehearsal and performance venues and a variety of outdoor recreational activities.
Programs are offered within the following grade-based divisions:
- Juniors (JR) - students who will have completed grades 3-6, and will be at least 8 years old at the start of Camp.
- Intermediates (INT) - students who will have completed grades 6-9.
- High School (HS) - students who will have completed grades 9-12.
Students who will have completed grades six or nine may request consideration to either of two divisions. The admission committee will determine appropriate placement based on skill level.
- Creative Writing (INT and HS)
- Dance (INT and HS)
- General Arts (JR and INT)
- Motion Picture Arts (HS only)
- Music (JR, INT and HS)
- Theatre Arts (JR, INT and HS)
- Visual Arts (INT and HS)
- College Counseling and Test Preparation Institute (HS)
Or, try our interactive program-finder >>